To all of our customers: Thank you very much! Your suggestions help us to regularly improve the product.
- New: Outlook 2013 (32bit) is supported.
- New: Categories can be copied from one item to the clipboard and to other items.
- New: Now there is a feature that can fix a corrupt master category list. If necessary, it is automatically started when you launch the Category Manager main window.
- Fixed: The version 3.1.519 added a bug to the Enterprise version. If the categories were synchronized at the startup of Outlook, each time the master category list was doubled. That in turn increased the amount of time Outlook needed to startup.
- New: Now the main dialog sorts contacts by FileAs instead of Subject.
- Fixed: Even with the sync. setting to keep individual colors, the color of the central category is applied if that category didn't exist locally.
- Fixed: The previous version (3.1.519 or 3.1.520 Enterprise respectively) ignored the setting to add central categories to the local ones, instead the local categories were always overwritten by the central ones.
- New: If you wish, the commandbar or ribbon isn't displayed anymore.
- New: Extended printing settings also for the Professional version.
- Fixed: If you looked at an e-mail in the outbox, it turned from italic to non-italic, that is it wasn't sent if the reminder was turned on for e-mails.
- Fixed: If Word was used as e-mail editor, sometimes the reminder wasn't displayed on top (Outlook 2003 or earlier only).
- Fixed: The main dialog always displayed the LastModified date for some item types. Now it displays correctly the received date for e-mails and the creation date for all of the other item types.
- Fixed: In Outlook 2010 the ribbon icons weren't loaded if not Outlook 2007 was installed before (Windows Vista and Windows 7 only).
- Fixed: In Outlook 2010 QuickCats wasn't automatically loaded at startup.
- Update for Outlook 2010.
- The Add-in runs with Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit. But the installed Microsoft Office must be the 32bit version!
- Fixed: Now you can run both Category Manager and OLKeeper on the same system.
- Fixed: The sync. didn't work if clients are using differently formatted date values.
- Fixed: Sometimes the list of the last used categories wasn't updated.
- New: When synchronizing categories in Outlook 2007, the user may choose to keep the individual colors.
- New: Now it's also possible to print a list of items assigned to a category.
- Fixed: You don't get a prompt of the reminder anymore to categorize an occurrence of a recurring appointment because it's not possible to categorize that occurrence.
- Fixed: Now the name of the file for shared categories may also be written in upper cases.
- New: You may publish the central category file on an FTP server.
- Fixed: In the main window, it wasn't possible to assign categories in a mixed status.
- Fixed: Due to an error in the centralized category list it sometimes happened that you couldn't store new categories or synchronize.
- New: Color categories are supported for Outlook 2007.
- New: You can set for every item type (e-mail, contact etc.) to get a reminder if no category is assigned.
- New: With the new Enterprise version all users can access one centralized category list.
- New: An administrator can setup the addin for standard users.
- New: The category sidebar is automatically displayed when Outlook starts.
- Fixed: A few minor bugs are fixed.
- Fixed: *.reg files were not imported in Outlook 2007.
- Fixed: If connected to an Exchange-Server then quite a few e-mails couldn't be opened with the Add-in.
- Fixed: If the system folder 'My Documents' was pointed directly e.g. to drive D then importing/exporting of categories wasn't possible.
- Fixed: Sometimes an 'Type mismatch' error occured in the english version after opening a folder.
- Fixed: Quick-Cats didn't close properly if a changed item was deleted directly.
- New: A better folder chooser enables you to select any folder.
- New: Optimized for very big folder hierarchies.
- Fixed: In Outlook 2007, if there were faulty rules it wasn't possible to open Category Manager.
- New: Quick-Cats - the quickest way to categorize any Outlook items.
- Fixed: Sometimes Inspector toolbars were created twice.
- Fixed: The last version (1.0.135) ignored changes if an Outlook item was open.
- New: There is a refresh button for updating the view.
- New: Multiple items can be opened at a time.
- New: The toolbar is available for all of the Outlook windows.
- Fixed: An error with the used toolbar control affected other Addins which used the same control.
- Fixed: The form's last position was ignored.
- Fixed: Via the category assign form edits were possible only with the mouse.
- Fixed: After changes were made it was possible to open another folder without getting a 'Do you want to save changes?'-prompt.
- Fixed: After opening a folder the items were sorted always with the default order.
- Fixed: In Outlook 2007 German special characters were displayed wrong.
- New: Product is now available in English language.
- New: The view doesn't change if an item is dragged to a new category.
- Fixed: Support e-mail address was wrong.
- Fixed: A right click into the item list didn't work properly.
- Fixed: An error occured while opening folders without a 'LastModified' date.